Sunshine + ice cream! What could be better? How about sunshine + chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake with MOST Oreos?!
I know it’s a little bit of a mouthful to say, but once you take a bite, you’ll see why it’s necessary. There are so many *stars* in this recipe. The soft, melt in your mouth chocolate chip cookie base with just the right amount of crisp texture. The cool, creamy ice cream. The whole MOST Oreos. The fun sprinkles.
Have you had MOST Oreos yet? They are the Oreos with the MOST cream in the middle. I quite like that the cream in the middle has cookie crumbs mixed into it (rather than just straight ‘plain’ cream…which is also delicious). Anyway, if you haven’t tried them, this is your sign to scoop some up. And if you have tried them, or have them in your kitchen, here’s a perfect recipe to make with them.
Not a MOST Oreo fan? Or have other Oreos you want to use? Or want to make them gluten-free and use the gluten-free Oreos? Great! This recipe will work with any type and flavor or Oreo. Choose your favorite.
You can enjoy this sweet, fun treat all spring + summer long. Or really year-round, if you crave ice cream as much as I do. Your family will love this. Your kids will ask for it. Your friends will drive distances to come over and eat it with you. Your neighbors will thank you. And it’ll make you smile.
Let’s get baking!
Show off your baking! Share photos on Instagram (or your favorite social media platform) and tag @FetchingGoodies and hashtag #FetchingGoodies. I love to see + share your bakes.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake Recipe with MOST Oreos (gluten-free option)
- 1 8×8 or 9×9 in square baking pan
- Parchment paper to line baking pan
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 1 Whisk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 Medium mixing bowls One needs to be microwave safe
- 1 Small bowl
- 1 Fork
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Cutting board
- 7 grams ground flaxseeds 1 Tablespoon
- 45 grams water 3 Tablespoons
- 180 grams all-purpose flour (or 222 grams gluten-free flour) 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 oz vegan butter 1 stick
- 150 grams light brown sugar 3/4 cup
- 49 grams granulated sugar 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz vegan chocolate chips 1 cup
- 18 MOST Oreos (or gluten-free Oreos) Any kind of Oreo will work
- 2 pints your favorite vegan ice cream make sure it's gluten-free, if GF desired
- sprinkles, chocolate sauce, Oreo crumbs, toppings of your choice
Prep to bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Make flax egg
- In a small bowl, measure in the flaxseeds and water. Use a fork to mix them together. Set it aside to thicken.
Mix together the flour + leavening
- Take a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Mix it together gently with a spatula or spoon. Set aside.
Make the cookie dough
- Unwrap the 1 stick of vegan butter. Place it in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for 30-40 seconds, until melted.
- In a large bowl, mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter. Whisk together really well. Then, whisk some more!
- Add the flax egg and vanilla extract. Whisk again until the batter is fully combined.
- Switch from a whisk to a rubber spatula. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Gently fold the flour mixture into the batter until only a few flour streaks remain.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Fold them in until the batter is just fully combined. Try not to over-mix.
Assemble + bake
- Scoop the batter into the parchment-line baking pan.
- Take your MOST Oreos (or your Oreo of choice) and press 3 rows of 3 Oreos each on top of the bars. So you have 3 rows of 3 Oreos – 9 Oreos total. Sprinkle on some additional chocolate chips. It makes the bars look extra tasty.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven. Set a timer for 25 minutes. After the 25 minutes, check the cookie bars. The edges should be light brown and the middle should be set (not wet-looking).
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and place them on a cooling rack or a hot pad to cool. Cool the bars completely.
Turn bars into ice cream cake
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer. You can use 2 pints of the same flavor, or two different flavors. Some of my favorite vegan + gluten-free combinations are Oatly strawberry and So Delicious chocolate cookie 'n' cream. Or Oatly vanilla + Wegmans coffee caramel fudge.
- Scoop the ice cream onto the cooled cookie bars. If you're using two flavors, scoop on the full pint of the first flavor. Spread it out evenly on top of the bars with a knife or spoon. Then add the second flavor, spreading out evenly.
- Take 9 more Oreos and place them evenly spaced on top of the ice cream — 3 rows of 3 Oreos in each row. Top with your toppings of choice! I like to use sprinkles.
- Cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap. Place it in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Slice + serve
- When you're ready to dig in (after at least two hours), remove the ice cream cake from the freezer. Use the parchment paper to lift the ice cream cake out of the pan and place it on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the ice cream cake into 9 squares — 3×3 — each with a whole Oreo on top.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce (or caramel, peanut butter, etc), if desired.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer.
Did you make this recipe? Share photos on Instagram (or your favorite social media platform) and tag @FetchingGoodies and hashtag #FetchingGoodies to show it off. I’ll share it on the Fetching Goodies Instagram stories, too. 🙂